Saturday, March 12, 2011

Are You Authorized?




I had this dream....

Jesus came to the church to check the credentials of people who were teaching others about God. Those who were teaching without being authorized by Him were in a bit of trouble. The primary issue was authorization, the secondary issue was content. Many false ideas about God were being taught by people who weren’t authorized; because along with God's authorization – came the content of their message. The fact that they needed to be authorized to speak about God came as a surprise to most people.

Social networking has become a global platform for everyone who wants to share an opinion. We're bombarded with opinions everywhere we go. And apparenlty, Jesus is listening to what we're saying.

Over the last year, I've found that He is very interested in the things I say. I've learned that what I'm allowed to speak about as a representative of my King is pretty limited; healing, prophetic ministry, dreams and a few other things. Because I receive revelation and opportunities to operate in these areas, I know I'm authorized to speak on them.

I have opinions about other things like tithing, the rapture, missional church, abortions, etc. I think I know what the bible says about some of them and I could offer my views if I wanted to. But God doesn't speak to me about them, so I don't get involved in those discussions. The things He is silent on, I try to remain silent on.

I believe He has authorized some of us to speak on particular issues but not all of us. Those who have been authorized to speak on a subject have been given the right heart and the right message from God, who also provides an audience with ears to hear.

Having God's authorization creates a favorable environment for the message and the messenger to bear good fruit. Those who speak without God's authorization are likely to bear the fruit of the flesh; creating discord, division, confusion and enmity.

God is not the author of confusion, so if there is confusion in the body - we're the one's creating it. (1 Cor. 14:33)

My suggestion is pretty simple - check in with Jesus and ask what you are (and aren't) authorized to speak about. Once you have it clear, be obedient and watch how the Lord moves through you.



No comments:

Redefining Grace

Redefining Grace – Rob Coscia If you’re one of those I keep seeing that focuses on the negativity of cities, states, and nations, poin...